- The K-Series Dual Jet, Dual VVT Engine with Idle Start-Stop technology powers the new Maruti Celerio.
- On the outside, Maruti Suzuki’s all-new Celerio receives a few aesthetic tweaks.
- The certified mileage of the Maruti Celerio for 2021 is 26.68 kmpl.
On Tuesday, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio 2021 was unveiled in India for the first time at a starting price of Rs. 4.99 lakh (ex-showroom). The car’s price rises to 6.94 lakh rupees (ex-showroom) for the top-end trim. The new Maruti Suzuki Celerio features various exterior aesthetic modifications as well as a better-equipped inside with several updates to look forward to.
The Celerio was originally introduced in India in 2014 and has since proven to be a solid performer for Maruti Suzuki, with 5.9 lakh units sold in the last seven years. The new Celerio aims to capitalise on the popularity of the previous model at a time when Indian auto buyers are showing a predilection for smaller vehicles. While Maruti Suzuki’s current Celerio aims squarely at a younger demographic, the car itself may once again appeal to a broad range of purchasers.
Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director and CEO, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, remarked “During the presentation of the new Celerio that the Indian vehicle sector has seen an unprecedented change as a result of the epidemic, which has given a specific push to the demand for personal mobility. India is largely a small car market, with hatchbacks accounting for approximately 46% of total passenger vehicle sales.”
Essential Features of New-Gen Celerio
The company hopes to enhance the most significant passenger car category in the country with the all-new Celerio. It has an unsurpassed driving experience, unrivalled fuel efficiency. It even has a slew of amenities that provide comfort, convenience, and safety at an affordable price. Hence the all-new Celerio checks all the boxes of consumer expectations. “The Auto Gear Shift (AGS) two-pedal technology was introduced and democratised by the first-generation Celerio,” as per Kenichi Ayukawa.
Price of 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio
Depending on the configuration, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio 2021 falls in the price range of Rs. 4.99 lakh – Rs. 6.94 lakh (ex-showroom). The hatchback is offered in seven different configurations.
Exterior Features of New Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- Celerio’s outer body shape is 3D, with a radiant front grille, sharper headlight units, and fog light casing. The front bumper, which has a black accent, is also new.
- When you take a close look at the new Celerio, you’ll see that it has some of the same features as the S-Presso. Clearly, the new Celerio hatchback got influence from its older sister.
- In comparison to the previous model, the car’s side profile looks radically different. The automobile equips new 15-inch alloy wheels. Celerio’s carve wheel arches are also noticeable.