Take a look at some of the awesome details of the Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine. Know how is it in terms of comfort, performance, safety and design.
Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine, as the name suggests, is the sedan version of the A-Class hatchback. However, luxury hatchbacks do not perform well in the Indian car market. This was a smart move by Mercedes-Benz to capture a larger market share with a vehicle that will cater to the needs of the people buying a luxury vehicle for the first time. Moreover, it looks like a proper sedan and not like an afterthought and has a sought after interior with quality materials. Adequately powerful engine options make it a suitable package for many people out there.
Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Interior and Exterior
The A-Class Limousine looks like the smaller version of the C Class with the new design language. It looks classy and a little sporty on the outside and has a plush interior as well with good fit and finish levels. Some of its key exterior and interior highlights include:
- Ambient lighting with 64 colours
- 17-inch 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels
- All-digital instrument display
- Illuminated door sill panels with “Mercedes-Benz” lettering
- Headlamp washer
Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Engine
The A-Class Limousine comes with two engine options, a petrol and a diesel. The diesel is a 2.0-litre; 4-cylinder unit producing 147 bhp and 320 nm of torque. These are some really strong figures for a vehicle of this segment and dimensions. There is more than adequate performance but refinement could have been a bit better. Secondly, we have a 1.3-litre; 4-cylinder petrol engine churning out 161 bhp and 250 nm of torque. Comparing it with the diesel, the performance is almost similar but this engine is a bit more refined and silent. Buying either of two would be a good choice.
Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Safety
There are ample safety features on offer for the A-Class Limousine and there are no changes in standards even if the vehicle is from a lower segment. Safety features to notice in this premium car are:
- Camera in the release handle in the tailgate with image in the media display
- Active brake assist
- Active bonnet
- 7 airbags
- Vehicle Monitoring (Locates parked vehicle within 1.5 km)
Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Comfort
Considering the segment it sits in, the A-Class gets plenty of comfort on the inside with the use of plush and premium materials and comfortable and cushiony seats. Comfort and convenience features that you will appreciate in this car include:
- THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control and integral fine particulate activated charcoal filter
- Electrically adjustable seats with Memory function and Lumbar support
- Windows/sunroof open and close from App
- Seat cushion depth adjustment
- Adaptive damping suspension
Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Entertainment
Along with plush and premium materials on the inside, there has to be technology to keep the passengers entertained on long journeys. Let’s take a look at some of the kits available.
- Voice command system activated by ‘Hey Mercedes’
- Configure display styles on instrument cluster and multimedia system display
- Touchpad and Touch Control Widescreen display
- 25-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Wireless phone charging
Also Read –