The all-new Audi RS5 Sportback has been launched in India at a price of Rs 1.04 crore (ex-showroom). While the RS5 is usually sold as a two-door coupe, the high-performance sedan now comes in a four-door Sportback version. Although the extra set of doors give it a more conventional look, it is more practical thanks to the addition. In addition to strong performance and exceptional driving dynamics, the four-door model features aggressive styling, a sporty suspension system, and an engine with a powerful performance.
- The LED lights, as well as the tail lights, make a jig when the car is locked or unlocked.
- A new single-frame surrounds the glossy black RS honeycomb grille found on RS models, on the newly released RS5 Sportback.
- This single-piece Audi grille has been lowered and widened compared to the old one.
- A view from the side of the sedan reveals aggressively styled bumpers that help define the sedan’s looks
- Other features include an expansive glass sunroof, 19-inch alloy wheels with 10 spokes, LED combination rear lamps with dynamic turn signals.
- A total of eight colour options are available for the RS5 Sportback. These include Nardo Gray, Turbo Blue, Tango Red, Mythos Black, Glacier White, Navarra Blue, Sonoma Green, and Daytona Grey.
There are many similarities between the interior design of the current RS5 and the one that was offered before this facelift, but it does get Audi’s new MMI infotainment system with a 10.1-inch display that can only be operated via touch controls. A new version of the driver’s digital display has been developed to show more contemporary graphics.
The vehicle gets Alcantara leather upholstery as well as a leather three-spoke steering wheel with paddle shifters. There are power-adjustable exterior mirrors with memory that are offered with heating, power-folding, and auto-dimming options.
Great utility features found inside the vehicle include electric boot, Parking Aid Plus with a rear-view camera, and hold assist. In addition, it features three-zone climate control, front sport seats with massage functions, and driver memory functions. Among its safety features are ABS with EBD, a rear camera, cruise control with speed limiter, six airbags, a heated steering wheel, and more.
There are four 2.9-litre V6 TFSI engines in the RS5 Sportback and each is rated at 444 horsepower and 600 Newton meters of torque. This vehicle can sprint from 0 to 100 kmph in just 3.9 seconds and reach top speed of 250 kmph. This is said to be the fastest vehicle in its segment.
A stiffer RS sport suspension and upgraded brakes guarantee a safe and fun handling experience. A self-locking centre differential ensures that power is directed to the wheel with the most grip, pushing you out of corners. Finally, depending on the drive mode you select, various parameters can be altered.
A complimentary five-year warranty and five-year roadside assistance are also provided with the launch of RS5 Sportback by Audi India.
Top competitors of Audi RS5 include Mercedes-AMG C63 and facelifted BMW M3.