Families are expanding, and people like to stay and travel with their extended families. For the middle-class man, staying together is of utmost importance these days; thus, promoting the need for the big cars. For an average Indian family size of Four, owning one could be a status symbol, but its usage is more restricted to larger families.
While space is an essential factor for choosing 7-seaters, there are a few other factors which may need to be checked while making the right decision.
Some of these factors being:
It is one of the essential elements if you have kids at home. And the best indicator or that is the ANCAP or the Australasian New Car Assessment Program rates. Buying a Car with 5-star safety ratings would be prudent.
A car is considered economic only if it does not guzzle fuel. Countries like Australia are adopting the Fuel Consumption Label on vehicles to make buyers aware of the amount of fuel the car might consume.
Access to the back seats:
It is rather frustrating to squeeze yourself or your kids to the back seat. Even the elderly finds it uncomfortable. It is, therefore, essential to buy a car which has a functional middle seat and whether it can slide to make way for the passengers.
How tech savvy is your car:
Nowadays, most cars have music systems and the high-end ones comes with an automatic gear variant too. A few variants have Bluetooth and WiFi access too. For 7 seaters you need to check if the ventilation or the AC functionalities are up to the mark. Do the AC vents cool at the rear end? Or is the cooling restricted to the front row alone? Such user-friendly features are of great importance while buying the best one for you.
A significant factor while buying cars, maintaining cost may vary depending on the design and model of the car. For instance, if the car is a high-end model, the maintenance is expected to be high; but if you travel frequently with your family, then it is also a selecting factor for you.
So, let’s check out the 7 seaters cars you should look forward to in 2019
Keeping all your requirements in mind, here’s our list of five top-rated 7-seaters that are going to take the market by storm. You can compare these new cars in India from the below-mentioned pointers to ensure that you take an informed decision. Cars to look forward to-
Car: Tata Buzzard
- IMPACT 2.0 DESIGN language
- Longer rear overhang
- LED daytime running lights
- New skid plate
- Pronounced wheel arches
- 4-wheel-drive layout
- Touchscreen infotainment system
- Android Auto, Apple CarPlay & MirrorLink
- Rear parking camera and sensors
- ABS with EBD
- Brake assist
- Multiple airbags
- Traction control
Car on-road price: Yet to announce
To be launched: Second half of 2019
Car: Kia Carnival
- Two engine options – 2.2-liter turbocharged diesel and Lambda II 3.3 MPI petrol.
- Former delivers a peak power of 196bhp and 441Nm of torque; the latter one pushes out a top power of 264bhp against 317Nm of torque
- A 6-speed automatic unit performs transmission duties
- Mileage: 10kmpl in the city and around 12-13kmpl on highways.
- Wheelbase of 3,060mm
- Minimum ground clearance of 171mm
- Luggage capacity of 960-litres
- MPV measures over 5 meters in length
- Multiple seating layouts – 7, 8 and 11
- The 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, which is compatible with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and satellite navigation.
- 8-speaker Krell premium audio system, tri-zone automatic climate control, heated, sliding and reclining second-row outer seats and ventilated and electrically adjustable 8-way front seats with 4-way power for the driver’s seat further enhance its comfort quotient
- Three-zone climate control, an engine start-stop
Expected price: Rs 22 lakh-Rs 28 lakh
Expected launch: March 2020
Car: Wagon r 7 seater
- Fuel: petrol
- Engine: 1.0 litre, 3 cylinder
- Power: 65 BHP
- Torque: 91 Nm
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual/5-speed ATM
- Mileage: 18 km/l
- Touchscreen Infotainment System,
- Automatic Climate Control
- Electrically Adjustable ORVMs
- Power Windows on all four doors
- Reverse Parking Camera
- Dual Airbags
- ABD with EBD
- Reverse Parking Sensors
- Day and Night Rear View Mirror
- Rear passengers to have their dedicated air-con vents
Expected price: price Rs 5- 6 lakh
Expected launch date: End of 2019
- Air Conditioner
- Power Windows Front
- Power Windows Rear
- Power Steering
- Adjustable Seats
- Height Adjustable Driver Seat
- Electric Folding Rear View Mirror
- On-Board Computer
- Accessory Power Outlet
- Foldable Rear Seat
- Remote Trunk Opener
- Low Fuel Warning Light
- Rear Seat Headrest ‘
- Keyless entry
- Engine Displacement: 1499 cc
- Power:103 hp
- Mileage City:10.7
- Torque: 141 Nm
- Fuel Type Petrol
- Mileage Highway:14.8
- USB and Auxiliary input
- Anti-theft alarm
- Engine immobilizer
- Child safety locks
- Passenger airbag
- Driver airbag
- Anti-lock braking system
Expected price: 10 lakh
Launch Date: Unknown
Car: MG 7 seater
- 4,655 mm length, 1,835 mm width and 1,760 mm height remains same. The wheelbase is 2,750 mm
- Big LCD instrument cluster
- 1.5 L turbocharged petrol engine
- This new engine puts out 150.92 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque, when paired to a CVT gearbox while this same engine is tuned to deliver slightly lower 149.56 PS and 230 Nm, mated to 6-speed manual gearbox.
- This engine is available in two different power outputs 140 PS and 170 PS
- 18-inch alloy wheels and the lights will be LEDs.
Expected Price: 15-20 lakhs
Expected Launch date: Early 2020
Every Car mentioned in the list are loaded with features and ready for your exciting family trips. Also, make sure to check out the Car Portals to know more about the car you have in your mind. Shortlist the Models and go for a test drive!