As the first-ever Porsche designed for motorsport in 1953, the 718 remains a crowning jewel in its crown even now, almost 70 years later. The mid-60s claimed the first peak in 718’s history with a multitude of racing victories.
The lightweight, sportily tuned and strikingly designed 718 models of today are unapologetically proud of their impressive body rigidity and first-class agility. The mid-engined sports cars continue traditions with variants like Cayman, Boxster, Spyder and GT4 that integrate the legendary model’s characters into machines of the future.
Cayman and Boxster have a 2475 mm wheelbase while the Spyder and Cayman GT4 have a 2484 mm wheelbase. The former duo also sport the same dimensions as in 4379 mm x 1801 mm x 1295 mm and the latter couple measures with slight variations between them; Spyder with 4430 mm x 1801 mm x 1258 mm and Cayman GT 4 with 4456 mm x 1801 mm x 1269 mm.
The low, wide and sleek design comes with distinguished sporty edges and clearly defined contours. The wings placed higher than the front lid, a Porsche signature, give prominence to the design of the headlight units, which incorporate the LED daytime running lights. The GTS models have tinted front lights.
The lines on the doors direct the air stream to the large side air intakes to optimally supply the engines with air and produce powerful thrust. The wheel arches are large, for wheels up to 20 inches.
718 Models in India
|Price (Ex-showroom)||1.58 Crore||1.63 Crore||2.01 Crore||2.06 Crore|
|Engine||MA 2.20 Turbocharged Flat-4||4.0 litre MDG Flat-6|
|Transmission||Automatic (Dual Clutch) – 7 Gears, Manual Override & Paddle Shift, Sport Mode||Manual – 6 Gears, Sport Mode|
|Max Power and Torque||295 bhp and 380 Nm||295 bhp and 380 Nm||414 bhp and 420 Nm||414 bhp and 420 Nm|
|Mileage||13.51 kmpl||13.51 kmpl||9.17 kmpl||9.17 kmpl|
|Top Speed||275 kmph||275 kmph||301 kmph||304 kmph|
|Acceleration 0-100 kmph||4.9 s||4.9 s||4.4 s||4.4 s|
Boxster and Cayman Highlights
- 2.20-litre turbocharged horizontally opposed engine produces 220kW (300PS) of power and 380Nm of torque.
- 6-speed manual transmission comes with low shift force allowing shorter gear changes, thus leading to a sporty driving experience
- Sports exhaust system with centrally positioned tailpipe
- 18-inch Boxster and Cayman wheels upscale the stance
- Gets four-piston aluminium monobloc fixed brake callipers are in black, both at the front and rear
- Comes equipped with Bi-Xenon main headlights
- Gets sport button
- Features Porsche Communication Management (PCM) that includes 7-inch touchscreen, mobile phone preparation, Navigation, Porsche Car Connect, Apple CarPlay
- Features Sound Package Plus
- Net-type wind deflector (718 Boxster models) are offered
- Optional Sports Chrono Package is offered
- All 718 models are equipped with enhanced Porsche Stability Management (PSM) – an automatic control system for maintaining stability at the limits of dynamic driving performance.
- Driving Modes “Normal”, “Sport”, “Sport Plus” and “Individual” are offered
- Features Launch Control
- Motorsport-derived gearshift strategy is offered
- Features Sport Response. By pressing the button in the centre of the mode switch primes the engine and transmission for the fastest possible unleashing of power.
- Comes equipped with Automatic distance control
- Comes equipped with Lane Change Assist
- Optional ParkAssist, reversing camera and camera-based speed limit indicator are offered.
The optional fully electric Sports seats with driver memory package allow you to adjust the seat height, backrest angle, squab angle and squab depth. Also electrically operated are the fore/aft adjustment, four-way lumbar support and even the steering column. Additional options offered are seat heating, seat ventilation and ISOFIX child seat prep for the passenger seat.
Standard interiors colour options offered: Black and Agate Grey
Optional Two Tone colour options offered: Black and Bordeaux Red, Black and Luxor Beige, Black and Crayon, Espresso and Cognac
Black, Jet Black Metallic, Night Blue Metallic, Agate Grey Metallic, Carmine Red, Crayon, Guards Red, GT Silver Metallic, Lava Orange, White, Carrara White Metallic and Racing Yellow.
Also Read –