Porsche 911 is a high performance, rear-engined sports car with its inception in the early ’60s. Following its constant success in the racetrack, Porsche keeps upgrading and making design uplifts to the 4-seater coupe and has made it very much an everyday car as much as it’s a motorsport car.
The eighth-generation Porsche 911 is available in India in two variants – 911 Carrera S and the 911 Carerra S Cabriolet. The new 911 is based on the new modular MMB platform which also underpins the next generation of 718 Cayman and 718 Boxster models.
The flyline has a longer, flatter lid; steeply inclined windscreen and gently rearward sloping roofline.
The design of the bonnet with its characteristic profiles and straight slope to the front apron is based on the first-generation 911s. The horizontal air intakes facilitate the supply of air and thus optimum aerodynamics and ventilation.
The rear is where the horizontally opposed engine is found. The rear end is precisely designed with straight lines and an evident horizontal orientation. The rear screen appears extended and merges into the black tailgate grille.
The vertical slats of the tailgate grille accommodate the third brake light. Directly beneath this is a light strip that links the three-dimensional LED taillights.
The wings are more clearly shaped, highlighting the powerful geometry. Also, it has LED main headlights with matrix beam including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus).
The optional fully electric Sports seats with driver memory package allow you to adjust the seat height, backrest angle, squab angle and squab depth. Also, electrically operated are the fore/aft adjustment, 18-way electric adjustment of seat positions, four-way lumbar support and even the steering column.
Additionally, options such as seat heating, seat ventilation and ISOFIX child seat prep for the passenger seat are also offered. The shelf behind the rear seats provides additional storage.
There is a standard Sports steering wheel with spoked design is lightweight and multifunctional with audio, telephone and navigation functions. GT Sports steering wheel is available as an option.
Furthermore, the stylish interiors are highlighted by the trim strips with decorative inlays in Dark Silver Diamar, or as an option in brushed aluminium, sporty carbon or fine wood.
On top, the electrically adjustable slide/tilt sunroof opens outwards and is made of tinted toughened safety glass includes an electric roll-up sunblind that provides shade from unwanted bright light.
Standard Interior colours: Black and Slate Grey
Standard Two-Tone Interior colours: Black and Mojave Beige
Club Leather Interior colours: Truffle Brown, Agave Green
Two-tone Leather Interior colours:
- Black and Bordeaux Red (roof lining and carpet: Black)
- Black and Mojave Beige (roof lining and carpet: Black)
- Black and Island Green (roof lining and carpet: Black)
- Slate Grey and Crayon (roof lining and carpet: Slate Grey)
- 2 high-resolution 7-inch displays that provide all the essential car information on virtual instruments
- A high-resolution 10.9-inch touchscreen display of Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
- Porsche Advanced Cockpit operating concept: The centre console is detached from the dashboard and houses a few, partly touch-sensitive buttons that are placed around the gear selector.
Drivetrain, Chassis and Brakes
911s have a twin-turbo configuration with two turbochargers, one per cylinder bank, and the Intercooler. Intercoolers have swapped places with the air filter and are located under the tailgate grille, instead of laterally in the rear wings. This position improves the inflow and outflow of cooling air.
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) is available as an option. PCCB enables shorter braking distances in even the toughest road and race conditions and also improves safety under high-speed braking, due to its excellent fade resistance.
911 Models in India – Specifications Compared Here
911 Carrera Cabriolet
|911 Carrera S||911 Carrera S Cabriolet||911 Turbo S|
|Price (Ex-showroom)||Rs 2.12 Crore||Rs 2.26 Crore||Rs 2.31 Crore||Rs 2.52 Crore||Rs 3.85 Crore|
|Engine||3.0-litre Twin-Turbo Flat-6|
|Transmission||Automatic (Dual Clutch) – 7 Gears, Paddle Shift, Sport Mode|
|Max Power and Torque||380 bhp and 450 Nm||380 bhp and 450 Nm||444 bhp and 530 Nm||444 bhp and 530 Nm||641 bhp and 800 Nm|
|Mileage||11.11 kmpl||10.87 kmpl||11.24 kmpl||11 kmpl||9 kmpl|
|Acceleration 0-100 kmph||4.2 s||4.4 s||3.7 s||3.9 s||2.6 s with Launch Control|
|Top Speed||293 kmph||291 kmph||308 kmph||306 kmph||330 kmph|
- A new generation of engines with increased power and efficiency in the base 911 models and additional athleticism and dynamics in the S models
- Transmission: Standard 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) is equipped
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM) is offered
- PTM’s electronically controlled and fully variable multi-plate clutch is offered
- Enhanced Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) is offered for improved sporty performance and comfort (standard on the 911 Carrera S models).
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM) is offered, which is an automatic control system for maintaining stability at the limits of dynamic driving performance.
- Alloy wheels, up to 20/21-inch are offered.
- Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) is offered. PDCC is an active roll stabilisation system. It suppresses the vehicle’s lateral body movement during cornering manoeuvres.
Sport Chrono Package
With the mode-switch SPORT Response button on the steering wheel you can choose from five driving modes: ‘Normal’, ‘SPORT’, ‘SPORT PLUS’ and ‘Individual’ and ‘WET’ mode.
In SPORT PLUS mode, Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), optional Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) and rear-axle steering ensure sportier damping, increased roll stability and more direct turn-in when entering corners.
In addition, the Sports Chrono Package offers Launch Control, Motorsport derived gearshift strategy and the SPORT Response function.
- BOSE Surround Sound System ensures sheer entertainment.
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including online navigation module Porsche Connect with a 10.9-inch touchscreen display navigates you throughout the trips and supplies enough vehicle-related information.
- Burmester High-End Surround Sound System with 13 amplifier channels, 13 loudspeakers and an active, separate subwoofer with 300-watt class D amplifier won’t let the party mood get over.
- Porsche Connect with Apple CarPlay
- Lane Keeping Assist, Traffic sign recognition, Night Vision Assist, Lane Change Assist, ParkAssist with reversing camera and surround-view aid in a safer drive always.
Carrera, Carrera Cabriolet, Carrera S and Carrera S Cabriolet are available in 9 colours: Black, Gentian Blue Metallic, Miami Blue, Agate Grey Metallic, Aventurine Green Metallic, Guards Red, Dolomite Silver Metallic, Racing Yellow and Carrara White Metallic.
Meanwhile, Turbo S is offered in 17 colours – The above mentioned 9 colours along with Jet Black Metallic, Night Blue Metallic, Python Green, Carmine Red, Crayon, GT Silver Metallic, Lava Orange, White.