- Porsche Cayenne Platinum Edition is now available with satin-finish platinum trims on the outside
- It features textured aluminium layers and silver trims on the inside
- It is priced between Rs 1.47 crore and Rs 1.88 crore
Porsche offered its premium SUV Cayenne in the Platinum Edition, similar to the Panamera Turbo. The Platinum Edition is being offered with both the SUV and Coupe versions of Cayenne.
In India, the prices for Cayenne Platinum Edition start at Rs 1.47 crore and go up to Rs 1.88 crore (ex-showroom price).
Cayenne Platinum Edition measures 4918 mm in length, 1983 mm in width, 1696 mm in height and has a 2895 mm long wheelbase. The car has a water wading depth of 500 mm and its boot volume measures 772 litres.
The Special Edition gives Cayenne several design changes like the 21-inch alloy wheels, rear lettering and front air intakes all finished in satin-like platinum now. The sports exhaust tailpipes and side window trims remain black in colour.
List of More Design Highlights:
- LED Headlights with the Porsche Dynamic Light System
- Panoramic roof
- Privacy Glass
- Active bonnet
- Automatic tailgate
- Fully galvanised steel-aluminium-hybrid lightweight body shell
- Four doors with integrated side-impact protection
- Aluminium Engine bonnet, tailgate, doors, side sections, roof and front wings
- Power dome on the engine bonnet
- Tailgate with integrated roof spoiler, Door handles in exterior colour
- Extensive, aerodynamic underbody protection
- Front end with integrated air intakes and air blades inside air intakes
- Air curtains in the wheel arches
- PORSCHE lettering integrated into taillight strip
- Matte Black Sideskirts
- Exterior package Black (high-gloss)
- Side window trims and inlays in slats of the air intakes in Black (high-gloss)
Special Metallic Paint Options Offered:
- Jet Black
- Carrara White
- Moonlight Blue
Cayenne gets sophisticated new additions with its special edition like the brushed aluminium door sills; crayon-coloured seatbelts and a special Platinum Edition lettering on the scuff plate. The cabin is layered in new textured aluminium with silver-coloured trim and the headrests get Porsche’s logos on them.
Standard tech offered includes eight-way electrically adjustable sports seats, a signature analogue clock on the dashboard, the Premium Bose surround-sound system, a seven coloured light schemes for ambient lighting for the interiors.
List of More Features Offered:
- Automatic climate control with separate temperature and air volume settings for driver and front passenger with automatic air-recirculation mode and humidity sensor
- Instrument cluster with two high-resolution displays
- Smartphone integration and Porsche Communication Management
- Porsche Connect
- Multifunctional steering wheel with shift paddles
- Full-size airbags for driver and front passenger that include knee airbags, front side airbags and curtain airbags along with the roof frame
- Alarm system with ultrasonic interior surveillance and two-stage locking (SAFE function)
- Cruise Control
- Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (PVTS)
- ISOFIX fastening system for child seats on outer rear seats
In India, the Platinum Edition is offered with two powertrain choices:
- A 355hp, 3.0-litre turbocharged petrol V6 in the standard Cayenne
- A 455hp, 3.0-litre turbocharged petrol V6 combined with an electric motor and a 17.9kWh battery for the E-Hybrid variant
|Top speed||245 km/h|
|Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h||6.2 s|
|Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h with Sport Chrono Package||5.9 s|
|In-gear acceleration (80-120km/h)||4.1 s|
|1/4 mile||14.4 s|
|1/4 mile with Sport Chrono Package||14.2 s|
Prices of Variants
|Variant Model||Price (Ex-showroom)|
|Cayenne Platinum Edition||Rs 14,746,000|
|Cayenne E-Hybrid Platinum Edition||Rs 18,873,000|
|Cayenne Coupé Platinum Edition||Rs 14,773,000|
|Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupé Platinum Edition||Rs 18,886,000|
Cayenne Platinum Edition will rival successful luxury models like the BMW X7, Mercedes-Benz GLS, Range Rover Sport, and the Audi Q8.
Porsche’s sports car models, the 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 and the 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 models were recently launched in India. Following them, Taycan and the newly facelifted Macan came into the domestic markets in 2021 as well.