Porsche has given its ICE fighter another botox treatment before revealing the electrified Macan to the public. The company’s smallest SUV has received what might be the final redesign before a new generation arrives next year. As a result, the variation line-up has shrunk, as have the engines.
Changes and Improvements
- The Porsche Macan is currently available in Standard, S, and GTS trims, with the Turbo model being discontinued. The updated grille, new LED headlights, new wheels, and the diffuser design are among the major exterior improvements.
- The infotainment system has been upgraded to a 10.9-inch display, and the physical buttons that mimicked various tasks have been replaced.
- Touch-sensitive panels have taken their place. The overall arrangement now appears to be less cluttered. With the Macan, Porsche now includes an analogue clock as standard equipment.
- There are also adjustments to the engine(s). In place of the previous 3.0-litre V6, Porsche has adopted a smaller 2.9-litre V6 engine. With 380hp, this motor now has more power.
- The torque has also been increased, while the 0-100kmph lap times have reportedly been decreased. Porsche has increased the output of the four-cylinder turbocharged 2.0-litre banger to 265hp (20hp more than before). The GTS variant’s 2.9-litre engine produces 440 horsepower and 570 Nm.
It also boasts the fastest top speed in this class, clocking in about 270 kilometres per hour. When the Porsche Macan was first introduced in India, it was more expensive than the Cayenne. Porsche, on the other hand, promptly made apologies and adjusted the pricing.
- Price: The SUV starts at Rs 83.21 lakh (ex-showroom) and goes up from there.
- Porsche Macan Models: The Macan is offered in three different versions for 2021: Macan, Macan S, and Macan GTS. The Porsche Macan has a seating capacity of up to five persons.
- Engine and Transmission: Porsche Macan comes with a 2.9-litre twin-turbo V6 petrol engine with 440PS and 550Nm (from the Turbo model). The Macan S has the same engine, but it only produces 380 horsepower and 520 pound-feet of torque. The Macan’s basic model retains the 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine, which now produces 265PS and 400Nm. A 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox and all-wheel drive are standard on all Macan models.
- The Porsche Macan comes standard with a 10.9-inch touchscreen, linked vehicle technology, up to 21-inch alloy wheels and 8-way adjustable seats.
Also Read –
- Porsche 911 Turbo S – The Supercar With Redefined Performance
- Porsche Mission R Concept Unveiled at the Munich Motor Show
- 2021 Porsche Macan Facelift: Specs, Variants, Prices & More