The new 5 Series M Sport ‘Carbon Edition’ is available for booking at Carjasoos.com or any authorised dealer. It is made locally at the BMW Group Plant in Chennai. It comes with a price increase of Rs 2.9 lakh above the 530i M Sport model.
- The design highlights include carbon black inlays, blacked-out 18-inch wheels, and a white body tone.
- The cabin has Cognac black upholstery and all of the features of the variation on which it is based.
- The luxury sedan is equipped with a 252PS 2-litre petrol engine and an 8-speed automated transmission.
BMW India has opted to improve the 5 Series sedan by launching a Carbon Edition trim at a price of Rs 66.30 lakh in India. It is based on the 530i M Sport version and costs Rs 2.9 lakh more than the variation on which it is based.
Here are the top six features of this new limited-edition release
The kidney grille, front attachment, and splitters all have black carbon fibre highlights on this particular model. The outside mirror covers are similarly covered in carbon fibre, but in a distinct gloss.
The car rides on a new set of 662M 18-inch wheels in a Jet Black finish to keep with the dark concept and add to the exclusivity.
A special spoiler
Then, to set it apart from the normal sedan, this model comes with a carbon fibre rear spoiler, which completes the car’s sporty appearance.
Exterior shade that is unique
And, lest we forget, the Alpine White paintwork is specific to this new BMW 530i M Sport ‘Carbon Edition.’
Interior design that is unique
The perforated Sensatec trim is also available in a Cognac-Black colour scheme within the interior. It has contrast stitching on the inside to add to the luxurious factor.
Financial plans that are unique
For this special version, BMW India Financial Services has calculated an all-in monthly drive-away price of Rs 89,999. It comes with a four-year repurchase guarantee and even flexible end-of-term choices. All information is available at your local authorised dealership.
Detailed Analysis of BMW 5 Series ‘Carbon Edition’
- The BMW 5 Series M Sport Carbon Edition features a carbon fibre exterior and new black leather inside, and it has lately been introduced during the new year holiday season.
- The new BMW 5 Series M Sport Carbon Edition is priced at 66.30 lakh in India (ex-showroom). The special edition vehicle will be built alongside the conventional 5 Series in the automaker’s Chennai factory, just in time for the holiday season.
- The 530i M Sport Carbon Edition costs 2.90 lakh more than the standard model and includes visual modifications to give the luxury sedan a sportier appearance. Customers may reserve the limited-edition model on the company’s website.
Words of BMW Group President
Vikram Pawah, President of BMW Group India, remarked during the unveiling, “In India, the BMW 5 Series is one of the most popular premium executive sedans. This classic machine has always delighted our consumers with equal parts power and fun. With the introduction of the new ‘Carbon Edition,’ the BMW 5 Series has reignited interest in its class. The striking black carbon exterior components evoke feelings of pure, unadulterated athletic driving. It guarantees an outstanding driving when combined with the most dynamic petrol engine and advanced technological features of the BMW 530i M Sport.”
Pre-eminent Features of BMW 5 Series
- Carbon fibre components, such as the kidney grille and ORVMs, are included on the exterior of the new BMW 5 Series 530i M Sport Carbon Edition. The special version is equipped with 662M 18-inch Jet Black alloy wheels, as well as a carbon fibre spoiler at the back for a more dynamic appearance. The Alpine White colour job is only available on the Carbon Edition. The cabin, on the other hand, has perforated Sensatec leather upholstery with contrast stitching in Cognac.
- The new 5 Series M Sport Carbon Edition retains all of the luxury amenities from the previous model, including multi-zone temperature control, touchscreen infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android digital display with HUD, 360-degree camera, remote-control parking, and the M Sport steering wheel.
- The same 2.0-litre twin-turbo petrol engine produces 248 horsepower and 350 Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission that drives the rear wheels.
- BMW claims a 6.1-second sprint from 0 to 100 kilometres per hour. An adjustable suspension with separate damping and numerous driving modes is there in the model.
BMW India Financial Services is also giving a special deal on the vehicle, with the Carbon Edition available for an all-inclusive monthly price of 89,999. In addition, the corporation is proposing a guaranteed four-year repurchase as well as flexible end-of-term options.
Some Basic Idea of BMW Series
The 2022 BMW 5 Series has changed over generations, and it now carries the family’s appearance very well. This time, it has stolen some style elements from its younger sister, the new-generation 3 Series, which is excellent news because there are no large elements that appear to be intentional. As a result, the kidney grille fits in organically and now seems sharper, longer, and broader without being obscenely large, with a single-piece chrome surround.
It’s flanked by new headlights with new adaptive LED or laser technology, and sharper L-shape LED daytime running lights (DRLs) that make it seem menacing.
The L-shape 3D trademark inlay extends to the rear for the LED taillights, and the bumpers, notably on the M Sport variant, have a more aggressive look with wider air curtains on the front.
The M Sport model of the 2018 BMW 5 Series also comes with new 20-inch alloy wheels and red brake callipers, while the ordinary variations receive 18-inchers.
On the inside, the alterations are as slight. However, there are some new features, such as the iDrive 7 infotainment system. A new 12.3-inch display adds to the instrument panel. An equally huge touchscreen device has been there to the centre console as an optional feature. BMW also claims that the new user interface is quicker than the previous one.
Also Read –