Keys highlights of the article:
- Kia Seltos 2021 gets new features.
- Kia Seltos prices have been increased by Rs 6,000.
- The 1.5 HTX+ diesel automatic variant is discontinued.
- New powertrains have been added in lower variants.
Kia has launched an updated version of Kia Seltos 2021 with prices starting at Rs 9.95 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). New variants have been introduced in the new Seltos along with updated features and new transmission options. The all-new logo of car brand Kia also finds its place on the new Seltos’ hood. This latest avatar of Kia Seltos comes equipped with 17 new features, all being first-in-segment.
Let’s know in detail about the new 2021 Kia Seltos SUV.
Kia Seltos 2021 Variants
This time, Kia has discontinued the HTX+ Diesel Automatic variant and has added two new updated variants in the list, first one being the HTK+, available with an iMT transmission option i.e. paired to 1.5-litre 115bhp petrol engine and the second variant being GTX (O) turbo variant offered with manual transmission only. The list of Kia Seltos 2021 variants includes:
Kia Seltos 2021 Price
Below is the variant-wise price list of new Kia Seltos 2021:
|1.5–litre Petrol Variants||Prices (Ex-showroom, Delhi)|
|HTE (Manual)||Rs 9.95 Lakh|
|HTK (Manual)||Rs 10.74 Lakh|
|HTK+ (Manual)||Rs 11.79 Lakh|
|HTK+ iMT||Rs 12.19 Lakh|
|HTX (Manual)||Rs 13.65 Lakh|
|HTX IVT||Rs 14.65 Lakh|
|1.4-litre Turbo Petrol Variants||Prices (Ex-showroom, Delhi)|
|GTX(O) (Manual)||Rs 15.35 Lakh|
|GTX+ (Manual)||Rs 16.65 Lakh|
|GTX+ DCT||Rs 17.44 Lakh|
|1.5-litre Diesel Variants||Prices (Ex-showroom, Delhi)|
|HTE (Manual)||Rs 10.45 Lakh|
|HTK (Manual)||Rs 11.79 Lakh|
|HTK+ (Manual)||Rs 12.99 Lakh|
|HTK+ (Automatic)||Rs 13.95 Lakh|
|HTX (Manual)||Rs 14.75 Lakh|
|HTX+ (Manual)||Rs 15.79 Lakh|
|GTX+ (Automatic)||Rs 17.65 Lakh|
Kia Seltos 2021 New Changes and Features
Kia Seltos 2021 has received notable changes, both on the inside and outside. Here’s the list of key changes seen in Kia Seltos 2021:
- The biggest change is seen in the form of company’s all new “Kia” logo.
- It now gets air purifier with virus & bacteria protection in HTX & above trims.
- There is an introduction of OTA for map updates in the HTX & above trims.
- The HTX+ variant features new gentle brown seat upholstery.
- The newly introduced GTX (O) trim features black & beige leatherette upholstery.
- The best addition comes in the GTX+ trim in the form of paddle shifter, seen in high-end cars.
- HTX and HTX+ trims feature ESC Extension.
- The HTX and rest of the upgraded trims can receive 5 new voice commands for driver power window, sunroof, wind direction, air intake and defroster.
- The HTK and HTK+ trims get 8-inches touchscreen along with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity.
- The HTK+ trim is now available with an all new iMT gearbox, paired to a 1.5-litre petrol engine.
- The similar HTK+ trim that comes powered by 1.5-litre petrol engine and features iMT also gets sunroof with LED room lamp extension.
Overall, the new Seltos feels complete with the list of various advanced comfort, convenience and safety features such as LED headlamps, LED taillamps, LED fog lamps, UVO connectivity features, 360 degree camera with blind view monitor, Bose premium 8-speaker sound system, smart 8.0-inches head up display, 10.25-inches advanced HD touchscreen navigation, ventilated front seats, rear door sunshade curtain, wireless smartphone charger, multiple drive modes, traction control, six airbags, ESC, VSM, HAC, BA, etc.
Kia Seltos 2021 Engine and Specifications
Kia Seltos 2021 is now available in a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine, mated to 6-speed manual, 6-speed iMT, or CVT transmission choices, and a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine paired to a 6-speed manual and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic options. Lastly the former 1.5-litre diesel engine will continue to be available with 6-speed manual and 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
|1.5- litre Petrol Engine||115PS||144 Nm||6 – Speed iMT and CVT|
|1.4 – litre Turbo Petrol Engine||140 PS||242 Nm||6 – Speed Manual & 7 – Speed DCT (dual clutch automatic)|
|1.5- litre Diesel Engine||115 PS||250 Nm||6 – Speed Manual and 6-Speed Automatic|
Kia Seltos is a mid-size compact SUV that is competes against Hyundai Creta, Nissan Kicks, Renault Duster, Maruti Suzuki S-Cross, MG Hector and Tata Harrier. In future, it will also lock horns against Skoda Kushaq and Volkswagen Taigun.
It will be interesting to see how the new developments in Kia Seltos are going to affect the upcoming demand. Kia has now launched the new avatar for Kia Seltos with their new logo, which was first introduced in the Korean market and now makes its way in India.
Here’re the old and new logos of Kia Motors: